Do you love playing the lottery?
Playing the lottery has become quite easy these days due to technological advancement. All you have to do is go to websites such as www.nacional-loteria.com and start indulging in your love for the lottery. It is no longer necessary for you to go to stores for buying tickets and then watching the draw on TV. Now, everything is accessible with only a few clicks. However, it is also a fact that winning the lottery is not as fun as everyone makes it sound. You will hear about lottery scams and horror stories that might cause you to think twice before you start playing it.
But, it is also human nature to have hope, even if it is a little bit, that one day you might end up winning millions of dollars as others have done. Also, not all stories are disasters; some also have happy endings. Nonetheless, if you love playing the lottery online at www.nacional-loteria.com, there are some interesting and useful facts about the US lottery that all lottery lovers should know. What are they?
Read on to find out:
- Americans spent approximately more than $70 billion in 2014 for purchasing lottery tickets. This was more than all music, video games, books, sports and movie tickets combined.
- Winners find it difficult to stay anonymous, even if they want to. Lots of winners don’t want their friends and family hitting them up for cash, but even if they want to stay anonymous, names do leak. Moreover, some winners make the mistake of changing their lifestyle suddenly and that can also alert people around them. In addition, not all states in the US give lottery winners the option of staying anonymous because they want the lottery process to stay as transparent as possible and want the people to know that the prize is paid to a real person.
- Lotteries don’t happen in six states. Nevada, Utah, Alabama, Alaska, Mississippi and Hawaii don’t have a state lottery. Nevada has chosen to opt out because its legal gambling taxes benefit the state.
- The total number of states that participate in the lottery is 44. Other than that, lotteries are also conducted in the US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia.
- The chance of winning the big jackpot is very low in most cases. In January 2016, the odds of winning the Powerball lottery were one in 292 million. Yes, the odds are not in anyone’s favor, but you can follow the tips provided by winners and use them to play at https://www.nacional-loteria.com to increase your chances of winning big.
- $1.5 billion was the biggest jackpot in the entire history of the United States. This was the prize won in the lottery in January 2016. According to the state lottery officials, the winning tickets were sold in Tennessee, California and Florida. This jackpot was divided amongst three tickets and before that, the biggest prize was given out in 2012 and was approximately $656 million.
- Lotteries are usually run by the state and can be used to fund a number of programs. Whether you are getting tickets the traditional way or using websites, in numerous cases, the lottery profits are combined with revenues like tax in a general fund of the government. In some cases, the proceeds of the lottery are dedicated to a wide array of causes including economic development, programs for senior citizens, education, sports facilities, cultural activities, healthcare, capital construction projects, the environment and others.
- The taxes applicable on lottery winnings are very high. Yes, you have to pay a huge sum of money in taxes. Approximately 40 percent of the prize money can be taken by the IRS. Even after this, winners can be taxed additionally. As of 2015, one of the highest state lottery taxes were in New York City at about 13 percent.
- A ticket needs to be claimed between six months to one year. The exact time can vary, depending on the state you are playing from. Nevertheless, financial advisers will tell the winners to take some time and weigh their options before deciding when and how to claim their prize money. Otherwise, it is very easy to just blow away your money on useless stuff.
- Protocols have been developed for situations where prizes are not claimed by the winners. This usually happened in traditional lottery purchase because people lost their tickets or didn’t remember to check when the draw was made. But, when you play online, you are instantly alerted if you win and have a digital record of your ticket so there is no chance of losing the ticket.In cases where the ticket is not claimed, the laws of the state dictate what happens. In some situations, the money goes to the government and they use it for various funds, but in others, the unclaimed prizes are entered into the pool again and the payout of future games is increased.
- Lottery winners have two options for claiming their money. They can either take the money as a lump sum or in the form of annuities. The latter gives winners the opportunity to take home a higher face value of winners because the money is used for investing in bonds, but it means you get the money over several years. As for the lump sum, it comes at a lower face value, but you get it all together and can invest where you see fit.
- There are around 240,000 locations in North American where people can buy lottery tickets and they include convenience stores, grocery stores, retail outlets and gas stations.
The good news is that now you can also participate in the lottery online. There is no need to wait outside these locations when you feel like putting your money in the lottery. Websites such as https://www.nacional-loteria.com are safe and can offer you the opportunity to win millions of dollars.